In ancient times, the practice of examining the color, texture, and odor of urine was quite prevalent among the doctors of Egypt and Greek to detect the ailments their patients were suffering from.
The treatment was precise enough to notice any blood or unusual bubbles in urine which might be a significant symptom of a serious or fatal disease. Eventually, that ancient practice witnessed rapid advancement and was acknowledged for its immense utility.
Such treatment can create a different department or field of medical science, specially dedicated to the same called Urology, and a doctor working in this field is called a Urologist. This field of diagnosis is now gaining more and more popularity because of how precise the process is and how valuable, such diagnosis is in today’s world of medical science.
What is Urology, and how does it work?
The field of Urology takes specialized care and principally focuses on the health factor of the urine and urinary system. It is a method that can be used to treat ailments in both women and men. It involves even the most precise diagnosis regarding the reproductive tract in men.
It also includes complex procedures like surgery, like permanent removal of cancer from your system, to address any complicated blockage in an individual’s urinary tract.
This field of diagnosis functions under various settings and works quite flexibly, be it in private clinics, government hospitals, or specialized urology centers.
What human body system does Urology function with?
- In the human body system, the urinary tract is indulged in creating, storing, and removing urine from the system. Urology deals with all such sections discussed below.
- Kidneys are the organs responsible for filtering out any waste material from the blood to produce urine.
- Ureters are tubes responsible for facilitating the flow of urine from the kidneys to the bladders for excretion.
- The bladder is that part of the system responsible for storing the urine until the urge to excrete is induced.
- The urethra is the tube responsible for excreting the urine out of the body once the urge is induced and signals are received directing the same.
- The adrenal glands, the final sector of the system, are glands placed above each of the kidneys responsible for the secretion of the signaling hormones.
How does urology deal with the reproductive system in men?
The commonly known organ, the Penis, is the organ that is responsible for releasing the urine out of the male’s body and also ejects sperms under the required circumstances. Prostate, the gland situated under the bladders, is responsible for adding the required amount of fluid to the sperms to create a more transportable form of sperm, called semen.
Testicles are the two oval-shaped organs located inside the scrotum responsible for synthesizing the male reproductive hormone called testosterone and producing a male reproductive product called sperms.
Other fields of Urology
Urology is limited to the above scenarios and is expanded further to the following health concerns as well.
- Female urology involving female urinary and reproductive tract
- Infertility in men is mainly the systematic lack of potential in men to help their partner conceive a baby.
- Urinal issues arising from neurological issues are called neurology.
- Urinary issues faced by children are called pediatric urology.
- Urologic Oncology involves the cure of cancer that may have occurred in the urinary system of an individual, in organs like kidneys, bladder, testicles, and prostates.
And that is pretty much a foundational sketch and insight into the advanced medical science of Urology and what wonders a Urologist of Miami can do to aid your serious health issues. The significance of this department of medical treatment is considered highly important for its immense potential to detect and work on the concerning health issues.