CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 – Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the latest syllabus for Class 12 Biology. Students can download the CBSE Class 12th Biology Syllabus 2021 using the link provided below. Also, they can access CBSE 12th Biology syllabus 2021 from the official website case. The CBSE syllabus 2021 Class 12 Biology consists of all the units, chapters, and topics for the system exam along with the details of the practicals. Students can check the mark allotted for the individual unit from the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021. The syllabus is available in pdf format, which students can refer to while qualifying for the CBSE 12th exams.
Students will be able to check all the great and high weightage topics from the syllabus and prepare accordingly for the exams. The CBSE 12th Class Biology Syllabus 2021 will be helpful in academics as well as aggressive exams. Read the complete article to grasp the CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021 for biology.
What are the important topics of CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
Some of the topics of each chapter are given here for ease of students. For a detailed CBSE 12th biology syllabus 2021, students can download the pdf file using the link provided above.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants:
- Flower structure
- Pollen-pistil interaction
- Post fertilization events, etc.
- Human Reproduction
- Menstrual cycle; fertilization,
- microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary,
- parturition (elementary idea); lactation (elementary idea), etc.
- Reproductive Health
- IVF, ZIFT, Amniocentesis,
- contraception and medical termination of pregnancy, etc.
- Principles of Inheritance And Variation
- Multiple alleles and inheritance of blood groups,
- Sex determination – in humans,
- Birds and honey bees, hemophilia, color blindness, etc.
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic code, Translation,
- Gene expression and regulation,
- Structure of DNA and RNA, etc.
- Human Health and Disease
- Pneumonia, the common cold,
- Basic concepts of immunology – vaccines;
- Cancer, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Production, sewage treatment,
- Energy generation, etc.
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology).
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Gene therapy;
- Genetically modified organisms, transgenic animals;
- Biosafety issues, etc.
- Organisms and Population
- Mutualism, competition,
- Predation, birth rate, and death rate,
- The age distribution, etc.
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Red Data Book,
- Biosphere reserves, patterns, importance;
- Loss of biodiversity, etc.
CBSE Class 12th Biology Syllabus 2021 for practical
|One Major Experiment||5 Marks|
|One Minor Experiment||4 Marks|
|Slide Preparation||5 Marks|
|Practical Record+Viva Voce||4 Marks|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5 Marks|
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology
CBSE prescribed NCERT Books for Class 12 Biology to create the CBSE Class 12th Biology Syllabus 2021. It is important to connect to the NCERT book as it covers the entire syllabus in a simple and easily understandable style. Relevant diagrams are also provided with each topic for better knowledge. Below is the list of directed books by CBSE:
- Biology, Class-XII, Published by NCERT
- Other related books and manuals delivered out by NCERT (including multimedia)
- Biology Supplementary Material (Revised). available on the CBSE website.
What chapters have been deleted in the 12th Biology CBSE 2021?
- Reproduction in Organism
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Environmental Issues
CBSE Class 12 Biology Preparation Tips 2021
While preparing for the CBSE Class 12th, students must perform some simple but effective tips and tricks to score fine in the same. Coming to Biology, it is a subject which will help you score very well in case you take it sincerely and give your best. Go through some of the best fitness tips for CBSE 12th Biology.
- Complete the Class 12th CBSE Biology syllabus 2021 as soon as possible so that you can give the greatest time for revision.
- Students must refer to the CBSE class 12 timetable 2021 and plan their studies accordingly.
- Do not mug up the theories of Biology, instead, try to understand the meaning of the same and make particular notes. These notes will help you to review at the latest moment.
- After creating the Class 12 Biology Syllabus CBSE 2021, students must solve the CBSE Class 12 question papers. This will help them to know the exam pattern, marking scheme, and material topics.
- Dedicate maximum time for the revision and do not overlook any doubts. Clear them right away. Seek help from others in case of confusion. Also, do not stress about the provisions, instead, give your best and average well in CBSE class 12 result 2021.