Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a Collection of what you Love.”― Nate Berkus.
No denial, your home’s exterior plays a vital role in augmenting its overall curb appeal and aesthetic. Indeed, you can opt for several enticing ways to glorify the beauty of the home’s exterior, but there is nothing better than impeccable and well-painted exterior walls. According to the professional Exterior House Painters Toronto, you can give a wholly different and elegant look to your home by choosing top-quality paint and expert exterior painters for this purpose.
Nevertheless, it is somewhat challenging to keep the beauty of paint film on the exterior of your home for longer because it takes enough abuse from several elements (indeed, we are talking about sunrays, storms, hailing, and other unpleasing factors).
It is inevitable to avoid all such problems, but ignoring them for a long time can destroy your house’s overall elegance and sophistication. That’s why; it is essential to identify the common exterior house painting problems, their expected causes, and the ultimate solution in the first place. This way, you can protect your home for a longer time, and a well-painted home always makes you feel happy and tranquil.
Based on the concern mentioned above, the present discussion highlights some common exterior house painting problems. Don’t worry; we will also provide you with the best possible solution to fix such issues like they never existed.
Let’s start exploring this exciting discussion together.
Major Exterior House Painting Problems
Here are some common problems you all need to know.
It is one of the most common issues, and almost every other house experiences it.
According to you, what is the primary cause of peeling, and how to resolve this issue?
Let us help you in this matter.
Cause of Peeling
Here are some common causes of peeling, including;
- Old Paint: Generally, most painters start new coats of paint without removing or scrapping the old paint. Resultantly, your newly painted walls start peeling due to inappropriate job. That’s why; it is suggested to remove or scrape the old paint properly before you repaint it. Only professional exterior painters can do it like a pro. So, hire them and enjoy the remarkable painting results.
- Moisture: Moisture is the natural enemy of a well-painted wall. If water finds its way behind the paint films, it starts affecting the walls, and the paint starts peeling off.
Ultimate Solutions to Avoid Peeling
You can try all these solutions for positive outcomes.
Proper Pressure Wash
Pressure wash effectively removes or scrapes the old paint and peels off the unwanted paint in no time. Additionally, it is suggested to properly scrape the remaining peeling area to give your walls a complete smoothing effect.
Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration can help you keep the moisture at bay. Properly check water leakage and hire professionals to fix damaged or broken pipelines. Make sure that the roofs don’t leak and everything is under control before the paint starts.
Surely, like any other problem, blistering is also common, but you need to know its leading causes and the best solution.
Causes of Blistering
We have identified the following causes of blistering for you.
- Heat: Scorching or freezing weather is never suggested for exterior painting. Excess heat (mainly due to the direct exposure to the sun) makes it difficult to apply paint on the walls and causes blistering.
- Moisture: The exposure of paint to dew, rain, and humidity also causes blistering. If the paint doesn’t dry appropriately, it creates an issue.
Probable Solution to Avoid Blistering
Admittedly, these solutions can help you shun the most common exterior house painting problem, i.e., blistering.
- Choose the Appropriate Weather: As mentioned earlier, extreme weather conditions are not suitable, especially when painting the outer portion of your home. So, show some better judgemental skills and always choose the most convenient and moderate weather for this purpose. Try to paint those sides of your home that aren’t in direct sunlight. The paint needs proper time to dry perfectly. So, give it a reasonable time.
- Scrape and Sand: You can hand scrape the blistered area of your walls to avoid moisture and humidity. You can also use an electric sander to feather the edges, as all such actions are imperative to fix the moisture problem quickly.
Prevention Is Better Than Repenting
Based on the discussion mentioned above, don’t you think it is manageable to fix exterior painting problems? Surely, you can fix them by noticing them in the first place.
Remember, always hire professional painters to identify the significant problems with exterior painting the best possible ways to resolve them.