Norton Antivirus is surely is one of the best antivirus available and also provides you security on different platforms. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. When you buy a subscription for Norton, you get a limited number of licenses to use the application on a different platform. But, if you are not using a license on a device and you wish to use it on another device, you can easily transfer it. In case if you do not know how to transfer Norton to another system, this article will be helpful for you. Here is a stepwise process to transfer Norton from one system to another.
Platforms Norton Is Compatible With
- Windows: All Versions
- Mac: current and previous 2
- iOS: Current and previous 2
- Android: 6 or Later
Steps to Transfer Norton License to Other Systems
Now, if you want to transfer your license to a used system, you need to follow the steps mentioned below. Read and follow all the steps carefully.
- To start with, you need to log in to the account using your credentials.
- After this, you will have to go to the device security page. Now, here, a list of all the devices that you have enabled license on that will be available on the screen. You need to now choose the device that you do not want to use anymore.
- One thing that you need to keep in mind is that if a device has a gray or red status, you will not be able to remove the license from that device. To remove the license from that device, you will first have to remove all the relevant issues. In case you fail to remove all the issues, the last option will be to delete that device from the account.
- After this, if you can not find the required device, you will have to clock on the View history option and then choose the option to see inactive and older devices. If it is still not visible, there are chances that the device is associated with another license.
- Now, when the device is found, you need to click on the ellipse visible below your device. A menu will now open on the screen and then you need to choose the option to manage the license.
- Next, you need to choose the option to remove the license. Click on the Next option to proceed.
- When done, you will have to click on yes to proceed with the deletion.
- One thing that you have to keep in mind is that if you remove the license, that device will no more be protected.
- After this, you will have to download and install Norton on another device and then install it.
- Complete the installation process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- You can then use the license that you have to activate the antivirus.
Steps to Install Norton on Another Device
Now, in case you have a license remaining with the subscription, you can install Norton on another system and then save it. Go through the process mentioned below to install Norton on Another device.
- To start with, you will have to log in to the Norton account.
- Now, you will have to choose the install option.
- From the two options, choose the one:
- If you want to get the download link via email, you need to type your email address. Type the email address that you can use from another system also.
- Moreover, in case you want to get the download link via text, you need to click on the text option and then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Choose the country
- Type your mobile number to get the text message.
- Now, copy the link that you have got and then copy it.
- You can then download the application on the mobile and then scan the QR code.
Steps to Get a New License
Now, in case you do not have a license and you need to get a new one, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Norton website or Norton.com/setup and then choose the kind of license that you wish to purchase.
- After this, you will have to choose the option to buy now. Also, you will have to choose the option for the time you need to buy the license.
- Now, you will have to untick the option for auto-renew. It will then do not automatically update your subscription when your license expires. Click on the confirm option to proceed.
- Next, you will have to choose the option to continue to secure checkout.
Now, you will have to enter the information needed.
- You will now have to download the Norton Antivirus trial version and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Next, you will have to start the antivirus on the system and then click on the option to renew or activate now.
- Now, you need to enter the product key by clicking on the option “ I have a key or code to enter”. For the people who have purchased it online, you can get the product key on the email.
- After this, you will have to click on the Next option and then complete the installation process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
So, it can be sometimes tricky to transfer Norton from one system to another but, can be easily completed if all the steps are followed correctly. In case you still have doubts about transferring Norton to another system, you can seek technical help. We hope that the article has helped you.