Are you aware of an Australian Skilled Visa? A Skilled Visa permits skilled people across the globe to come, work, and reside in Australia. You can acquire the visa through Australia’s Skill select program which is typically a points-based program and is a quite famous program for skilled workers. With this skill select program, you can apply for a permanent residency in Australia.
In this particular section, we shall discuss the skilled visa subclass 189 i.e skilled independent visa. If you also want to apply for an independent skilled visa, then you must consult a reliable migration agent in Adelaide to do that for you. They are supremely talented and well-experienced to handle your visa application. At Ausyes Migration, you will find righteous migration experts who can take your entire burden on themselves.
What Are The Different Subclasses Of An Australian Skilled Visa?
As per the Migration Act 1958, a skilled visa is split into many different subclasses. Have a look:
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189.
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
To those who don’t know, both visas are permanent type visas. The independent visa 189 is an independent visa; meaning that you don’t need any sponsorship from an employer/state or territory government. Whereas, the skilled nominated visa requires you to earn a sponsorship from a State/Territory government. Apart from these two, there is another temporary points-tested skilled migration visa (Subclass 489) that allows you to stay temporarily for up to four years. For this, you have to be sponsored by the State/Territory government or from a relative living in Australia’s designated areas.
How Can You Get an Australian Skilled Visa?
Before applying for a skilled visa, you have to first choose the most relevant occupation that falls in sync with your overall experience and qualifications. Once done, you can start the visa application process; where the steps are as follows:
- You have to obscure a skills assessment that your qualifications and experience are relevant to your nominated occupation.
- In the next step, you will have to ensure that you have got the minimum points that are necessary when you decide to lodge an Expression of Interest(EOI). The Australian Department of Home Affairs(DOHA) opposes extra points cut off for the enlisted occupations that are in extremely low demand.
- Once you satisfy the Australian authorities, you can then file your Expression of interest(EoI) through Australia’s skill select program.
- The next step is Skilled Subclass 190 in which you need to have sponsorship from the Australian State/Territory. But you have to understand that the whole process will flutter depending on the Australian State/Territory.
- In the end, if you receive the invitation, you will then have 60 days to file & submit your visa application through the skill select portal.
One important thing to note here is that the Australian Department of Home Affairs at the time of writing will tell you that the processing time for the visa could be three months. However, in any dire circumstances, the processing time could be a bit long.
What is an Expression Of Interest In The Visa Application?
To those who don’t know about an EOI, it is an important document that you will have to submit before the application can be made. The Australian Department of Home Affairs asks you to submit all the expressions of interest through the skill select portal. You have the option to nominate one only occupation at the time of Expression Of Interest. Ensure that your nominated occupation must be the same as what you mentioned on the positive skills assessment. If both the occupations differ, you won’t get the visa.
If you have successfully submitted your Expression of Interest, it will be stored in Skillselect and will be valid for two years. If you stand out on the number of points for your nominated occupation, you will receive the invitation in the next rounds of invitation. You can visit Australia’s DOHA website if you have any more queries attached to the visa.
How is Ausyes Migration Your General Skilled Migration Agent Adelaide?
At Ausyes Migration, we strive to deliver dependable, ethical, and high-volume immigration advice and processing services that effectively help our clients. Our work is characterized by premium-quality people-driven service, utilization of cutting-edge & advanced technology, and continual innovation. Our age and will always work to find efficiencies for our team as well as our clients.