Owners of two-wheelers and four-wheelers can link their Aadhaar to both a) get a new license and b) renew their current one. Reduce the use of duplicate and fraudulent driver’s license with the UIDAI’s new Aadhaar-based verification guidelines. Over 30% of the total number of driver’s licenses in India, according to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, are counterfeit. Online Step-by-Step Guide for Linking Aadhaar card with a Driver’s License. The Road Transport Department of each state and union territory issues driver’s licenses. Owners of two-wheelers and automobiles must visit the website of the state transportation agency that issued their license in order to link it to Aadhaar.
Different states may have different procedures for connecting Aadhaar to DLs.
However, the fundamental process is essentially the same in every state and union territory. Follow the steps below to link your driver’s license and Aadhar card:
- Go to the state’s road transportation website where the driver’s licence was issued.
- On the computer screen, click the “Link Aadhar” button.
- Look for “Aadhar Number Entry” in the menu.
- At this point, a menu will show up. Select “Driving Licence” from the menu.
- Type in the licence number.
- Select “Get Details” from the menu.
- A screen will display the driving license’s details. It will be followed by another box.
- In the next two empty spaces, type “Aadhaar No.” and “Mobile No.”
- Type in your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Type in the mobile number associated with your Aadhar card.
- Double-check the information and submit it.
- The registered cellphone number will receive an OTP for verification.
Advantages of tying a driver’s license to an Aadhaar card
The following are some advantages of the directive to link driving licences with Aadhar:
- By connecting Aadhar and a driver’s licence, the entire business will fall under one roof.
- Authorized agencies will be able to access and validate the licence information for each car owner in India thanks to the Aadhaar-based unified platform.
- Genuine driving licences can be distinguished from bogus ones by authorised agencies.
- Transport officials will be able to spot the fake documents and take the appropriate action if a person has several licences.
- The drivers’ information will be kept in a central internet database. To prevent the renewal of duplicate licences, the data will be accessible throughout India.
Driving licence can be linked with Aadhar on the State Transport Department website of:
|Andhra Pradesh Transport Department||Arunachal Pradesh Transport Department||Assam Transport Department|
|Bihar Transport Department||Chhattisgarh Transport Department||Delhi Transport Department|
|Goa Transport Department||Gujarat Transport Department||Haryana Transport Department|
|Himachal Pradesh Transport Department||Jammu And Kashmir Transport Department||Jharkhand Transport Department|
|Karnataka Transport Department||Kerala Transport Department||Madhya Pradesh Transport Department|
|Maharashtra Transport Department||Manipur Transport Department||Meghalaya Transport Department|
|Mizoram Transport Department||Nagaland Transport Department||Odisha Transport Department|
|Punjab Transport Department||Rajasthan Transport Department||Sikkim Transport Department|
|Tamil Nadu Transport Department||Telangana Transport Department||Tripura Transport Department|
Also read: Aadhaar card link to EPF account.