Quickbooks Problem 6147 is a common error that many QB customers run across when restoring or accessing their company file over a network. If you’re having similar problems with your computer, this article is for you. It contains every detail regarding Quickbooks error 6147 0, including probable symptoms and causes, as well as a solution. Quickbooks is the only program that helps users manage all of the complicated accounting and bookkeeping chores. This program is well-known across the world for its user-friendly, cloud-based interface, which makes it simple for users to use.
QuickBooks Error 6147 0: Definition
Quickbooks Error 6147 occurs when a user tries to open the company file or create a backup of the company file from the system over a network. This error is officially related to restoring or accessing the QBW files that come from the 6000 error series.
When this error occurred an error message start displaying on the screen that states:
This is not a Quickbooks Data File or There is a Problem With The Data File.
Error code -6147, 0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.
Symptoms to Recognise Quickbooks Error 6147
- Users of Quickbooks will be unable to browse the Quickbooks Company file.
- A backup of the Quickbooks corporate file is not possible.
- After Quickbooks issue -6147 occurs, an error notice in a message box flashes on the screen.
- Over time, the user will continually encounter crashing presently active windows.
- The system will begin to respond slowly to the mouse and keyboard.
Factors that Triggered QuickBooks Error Code 6147
- If a backup of a company file is created by using an external disc or a network drive.
- If the.ND and.TLG files are destroyed or corrupted, Quickbooks error 6147 may arise.
- A Quickbooks error 6147 0 happens when users generate a backup using the improper route or with the use of a linked disc that no longer exists in the computer.
- If an erroneous entry is made in the QuickBooks business file, the file will be deleted.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
We covered every possible method, along with detailed instructions, for removing QuickBooks error 6147 from the system and allowing you to get back to work. Let’s take a look at each of these options in turn:
1: Fix the Error through QB Tool Hub
- For this, you are required to download the Quickbooks tool hub from the official site of Intuit.
- Install the tool by accepting all the on-screen instructions
- Once the installation is complete, open the tool
- Choose the Company File Issue tab from the list
- Now you have to choose the QuickBooks File Doctor
- After that, select the company file to diagnose from the Browse option
- And then enter the admin credentials
- Now hit the scan button to start the scanning process to fix the issue
2: Through QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- From Intuit’s official website, download the QB Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, the user must launch the file and then run the file on QBDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe to install it.
- After completing the aforementioned method, add the tool to the system.
- The user must then run the file through the program to diagnose the issue.
- The user might choose to restart the machine when the scanning procedure is completed.
- Finally, check to see if the Quickbooks issue 6147 has been repaired.
3: Rename .TLG and .ND File
- First and foremost, the user must go to the folder where the company file is kept.
- Right-click on the transaction log file with the extension.TLG and choose Rename
- Now add.OLD at the end of the name i.e, Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.TLG
- Rename the.ND file using the same process as .TLG File i.e. Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.ND
4: Rename .ADR File
- To begin, go to the folder where the QB business files are kept. Next, the user must look for Quickbooks.ADR file.
- The user can access recent ADR files after pressing on the Quickbooks.ADR file to open it.
- The user must then right-click on the most recent.ADR file and select the rename option.
- Now replace the.ADR file extension to.qbw.
5: Change the Location of Company File
- To begin, the user must first log into the Quickbooks package and navigate to the File menu.
- After that, go to the File menu and select the Utilities option.
- Now the user must select Stop Hosting with Multi-user Mode from the drop-down menu and click it.
- Now the user must click the positive button and sit up to wait for the next window to appear.
- When a new window appears, select the yes option to close the company file.
- Now, on the display, restore the database files.
- The user must ensure that the corporate file name does not exceed 210 characters while using this approach.
Hopefully, the above troubleshooting techniques will help you out to fix the error 6147 Quickbooks from your system. All the solutions are explained in a step-by-step guide that eases the methods for you.