One of the pioneer brands for printers is Canon. They provide you with reliable devices and are worth the money that you will spend. If you are setting up your Canon printer, you need to connect the printer to the system. Connecting your printer is not that difficult process to carry out. But, if you are new to it, you can get confused. If you are not aware of the process to connect the Canon printer to Laptop, this guide is totally worth reading. Here we have explained different ways to connect the Canon printer to the Laptop in detail.
Before proceeding, let’s discuss the preliminary preparations that you have to make to carry out the process smoothly.
- First, make sure to unpack the printer properly and also, place it in an appropriate position.
- In case you are choosing the wired method, you will have to make sure that you are using appropriate cables and also, these cables should not be damaged.
- Other than this, you will have to connect the system and the printer to the same network.
- Always remember to update the drivers on the system so that you can connect it easily. To update the required drivers, you can also visit ij.start.cannon website.
- Make sure that you have set up your printer properly.
- Methods to Connect the Canon Printer to Laptop
Below we have explained to you differ y methods to connect the Canon printer to Laptop. Choose the method that you wish to opt for and also, make sure to follow the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Wired Setup The very first method is to connect the Canon printer using a USB cable. Go through the complete process below.
- To start with, take a USB cable and connect the system and the printer. Add one end of the USB cable to the system and the other to the printer.
- You will then have to visit Canon’s official website or ij.start.cannon and then download the appropriate driver for your printer. Make sure that you choose the model number of the printer and then only install cannon printer .
- When done, click on the start icon of the screen. On your system, open the control panel and then go to the devices and printers option.
- In the next window, click on the option to add a printer. Under this, you will get a list of all the available printers.
- From the list, look for the name of the printer to which you wish to connect the printer.
- When done, you will have to choose if you want to allow other devices to access it or not.
- Before completing the process, you need to set the Canon printer as the default.
- In the end, choose the finish option and check if the printer is connected or not.
Well, if your printer has the option to connect wirelessly, we will suggest you choose the wireless method only. This is easier to carry out and also, the maintenance of the connection is low. Below we have mentioned the steps to connect the Canon printer using the wireless method.
- To start with, you will have to turn on the printer properly. Look for the wifi button on the printer. Press the wifi button and then hold it for some time. The wifi LED will then turn Blue.
- When done, go to the router and then press the WPS button. You will have to do this within 2 minutes of turning on your wifi.
- Wait for the connection to be established. When the connection is made, you will see that the power indicator and Wifi led stops flashing.
Steps to Install Canon Drivers
If you do not know how to install Canon drivers on the system, here are the steps that you need to carry out.
- First, connect the system and the printer using a USB cable.
- Next, insert the driver CD into the system.
- A prompt will then appear on the screen, choose Cancel.
- The installation process will then automatically begin.
- In case it does not start on its own, you will have to go to the control panel and then open the CD. Choose to open the setup file.
- Complete the installation process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- When done, you will have to choose the option to close the prompt.
- Also, you need to download the printer drivers from the official Canon website. For this, you will have to make sure that you choose the drivers according to the device that you are using.
If you want to know more about connecting the printer to the laptop, you can visit ij.start.cannon. with all the methods mentioned above, you will be able to connect the printer and laptop. Hopefully, the article has helped you. In case you fail to connect the printer to Laptop, you can contact the support team.