Between your kids remote learning and you working from home, a stable and fast internet connection is a must. A strong wireless connection not only allows you to keep up with your day-to-day tasks and meetings but also gives you peace of mind that your kids are in the next room actively learning – not gazing at a blank screen due to buffering.
When it comes to streaming live videos, your WiFi connection at home is going to be tested. Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams are all efficient but you still need a strong WiFi connection to get a clear and smooth video. Given that WiFi has a restricted range, especially when it is a question of stone- and brick-built homes, you may need a Netgear WiFi range extender to ensure that your whole home gets a fast and reliable connection. The extender picks up signal from your router and then repeats it to other areas with renewed power.
In order to improve WiFi connection for remote learning, all you need to do is just set up a Netgear extender at your home. Here is everything you should know to get a faster internet connection with a Netgear range extender for online learning and beyond. Continue reading.
How do I Setup My Netgear Extender?
First and foremost, run a test on your network to see what speed you are getting now. Doing so will give you an idea so you can see how the Netgear range extender improves that number.
Netgear extender is extremely easy to set up. All you have to do is simply access mywifiext web page and follow the on-screen setup steps.
Now, let’s make you familiar with the complete steps to install a Netgear WiFi extender.
1. Unbox Your Extender – Unwrap your Netgear WiFi range extender in the right way. Be sure that its accessories don’t get damaged while unpacking.
2. Place the Extender – After unboxing, choose a neat and clean area to place your Netgear range extender. However, bear in mind to keep your extender away from interference-creating objects such as concrete walls, microwaves, refrigerators, cordless phones, baby monitors, mirrors, glasses, fish tanks, etc. If possible, place the extender at a higher location like a shelf.
3. Put the Extender on Power – Plug your Netgear WiFi range extender into an electrical outlet and press the Power button on it. Here, you need to take care of a few things, e.g. the wall socket you are going to use should not be faulty and your extender must receive an uninterrupted power supply.
4. Log in to Your Extender – Switch on your computer or laptop and pull up an internet browser as per your liking. In the address bar, type either mywifiext.net (for Windows OS) or mywifiext.net (for Mac OS) and press the Enter key. The Netgear extender login page appears in front of you. Insert the admin username and passphrase into the given fields and click on the Log In button.
5. Access the Genie Setup Wizard – Once logged in, the Netgear genie smart setup wizard comes into view. The wizard offers you on-screen instructions making the Netgear extender setup a bit easier for you. Just follow them carefully and you are done.
6. You’re Done – As soon as you are done following the genie smart wizard steps properly, your Netgear extender has been set up and installed. Just in case you are seeing Netgear extender red light after the setup, power cycle your extender and configure its settings as per your needs in the right way.
Now, you will get a seamless internet connection for remote learning, no matter whether you are sitting in your living room or in the garden.