Mother nature has never failed to surprise us with delicious and soothing tea variants that have led to the trend of living a healthier lifestyle. It’s just not limited to Australia, but the rest of the world as well. The massive number of varieties are nurtured in unique blends, consumption methods, and brewing choices. Serving the ease in this modern era of busy schedules, even tea has been divided into two broad categories: tea bags and loose leaf tea.
So which one is the best among both? This is one of the most asked questions across online and local communities. But, today, our focus will stay on loose tea. So, let’s get started.
In bulk, loose organic herbs are prepared with unbroken and whole tea leaves, even buds of a tea plant. All these elements together are known for their wholesome goodness, undiluted flavours, and potent health benefits. Whereas bulk herbal tea bags, in general, are made with broken tea leaves along with fannings and dust. Comparatively, tea bags have a larger surface area, hence having more capability to lose their essential elixirs, which are responsible for the tea variant’s aroma and flavour. We have listed some of the least known benefits of some of the best selling organic teas in Australia. Let’s take a look at them.
- Loose tea is rich in micronutrients and antioxidants, which most likely release due to the presence of l-theanine, caffeine, and catechins. Having a whole cup of freshly brewed loose tea herbs every morning can help you kickstart your day with refreshing energy as more bioactive compounds are released during that.
- We cannot deny that the quality of loose herbs online in Australia available at a range of tea manufacturers is much better than the locally available tea varieties. Well, premium brands always assure superior quality and accord to tea enthusiasts with aromatic brews and flavours.
- Another lesser known benefit about loose tea is that it prevents the risk of heart stroke, cardiovascular disease and helps to lower the blood pressure level.
- Talking about the shelf life, loose leaf tea has a longer shelf life of freshness to it. In comparison, tightly packed tea bags lose their freshness quickly as they contain fanning’s and dust, leaving a stale taste to the tea blend.
- With fanning’s and dust, tea bags are more prone to releasing tannins, resulting in a bitter brew. At the same time, loose bulk organic herbs can be adjusted according to your preferred strength and flavour. And guess what is more surprising? Even the finest connoisseurs of tea worldwide prefer their cups to be customarily brewed from fine loose tea leaves. We have to admit that this is a ritual and culture that has been practiced since ancient times, and tea enthusiasts are in no hurry to change it.
- Last but not least, loose tea, compared to bulk herbal tea bags, can be customized to create different exclusive blends. So, let the goodness of different tea variants pass through your mind and body.
How much are you in love with the finesse and quality of loose tea? Have you ever tried creating multi blends? Let us know about your favourites in the comment section below; we’d love to hear from you.