A Liver Function Test is performed to check the liver health and monitor the disease and how the treatment is working. There are various tests involved in LFT, and these tests detect the type of liver disease in the body. The liver test measures the enzymes present in the liver to determine any sort of liver infection or disease.
The liver plays a crucial role in breaking the foods to release energy and creates nutrients in the body. It produces bile pigments and aids in excretion. Moreover, it is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
What is the Liver Function Test?
The Liver Function Test or LFT is a type of test which is also a part of a complete body check-up. The main function of the test is to check whether the liver is working properly or not. Any sort of damage or infection in the liver may lead to liver failure.
There are some symptoms that show that the liver is not functioning, and you need an immediate Liver Function Test:-
- Pale Skin or eye or even jaundice
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic infection
- Dark coloured urine
Test Involved in Liver Function Test
The test involved in LFT are as follows:
- Alanine transaminase or ALT
- Aspartate transaminase or AST
- Alkaline phosphatase or ALP
- Albumin and Total Protein
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase or GGT
- L-lactate dehydrogenase or LD
- Prothrombin time or PT
How to prepare yourself for the test?
First, you need to fast for atleast 8 to 10 hrs before going for the test. The doctor may ask you to avoid certain food or medication that might affect the test result. Consult your doctor before preparing yourself for the test.
The doctor will collect a sample of your blood for the LFT test. This is a 5 minutes process, and then the blood is taken to detect any sort of infection or disease.
Ways to keep your Liver Healthy
There are ways to keep your liver healthy; all you need to do is stick to those important tips for an effective result. Here are some tips:
- A person needs to maintain the body’s weight to keep themselves free from not only kidney disease but from any kind of health issues. Too much presence of oil in the food or consuming junk foods may lead to fatty liver disease or obesity.
- Having a balanced diet will surely help you in losing weight and be safe from any kind of health disease. Eat fibrous foods, and add vegetables, fruits and nuts to your diet for maintaining the weight of the body.
- Along with a balanced diet, make a habit of drinking enough water regularly to keep yourself hydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated is essential for regulating the body’s weight.
- Follow 30 minutes of exercise daily, which will keep you physically active and prevent the rise of various diseases in the body. Practice aerobic exercise, cycling or even walking to keep yourself active and fit.
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol to keep your liver healthy. Alcohol is mainly responsible for damaging the liver, which may result in liver failure.
- One must also avoid smoking and drugs to keep themselves healthy completely.
These tips will help you in keeping your liver healthy. To know about the LFT test price, you need to connect with the renowned health clinic, Redcliffe Labs. It is one of the trusted labs in India that offers high-quality health treatments and tests at an affordable cost.
It has gained a great response from the patient by providing accurate test reports at the given time. Moreover, the doctor provides a free consultation and a free home sample collection. Reach out to the team anytime to know more about the test and LFT test cost.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
What are the symptoms of a poor liver?
People ask about the symptoms of a poor liver; it is the same as mentioned in this write-up. If you came across a pale body, itchy skin, dark-coloured urine, nausea, vomiting, or you have lost the will to eat, then these are signs of a poorly functioning liver. These symptoms must not be avoided, or else it will have serious complications in the future. Reach out to a health clinic and get yourself a test to check the status of your liver. Stick to the prescription of the doctor to avoid any severe health condition. Also, change your lifestyle and eating pattern to promote a healthy life.
How do I make my Liver Healthy again?
The answer to this question lies in this write-up only. The first step is to get your LFT test done. Secondly, follow the medication given by the doctors to avoid any uncertain health conditions. Apart from this, try maintaining a healthy lifestyle by switching to a healthy diet which must contain all sorts of nutritious foods. Avoid unhealthily or junk foods as these are extremely bad for your liver, especially when a person is dealing with chronic infection. Keep in touch with your doctor to get a complete update on how your liver is performing.
As the liver is one of the important organs of the body, it needs your full care and attention. Any avoidance of the symptoms of liver disease may have serious consequences on the body. If you are experiencing any symptoms of chronic liver disease or infection, then you must get in touch with Redcliffe Labs, a best Diagnostic Centre in India for an LFT test.
The team is available 24/7 for patient support and to help them out if they face any difficulty. The main concern of doctors and the entire team is to deliver the patient excellent health service to attain a high level of satisfaction.
With the highest quality of health service, they can achieve the target of making a healthy India. Also, it is located in almost every city of India to make health easily accessible to every individual. Therefore, reach out to them anytime, any day to book your appointment.