The Quickbooks Error H505 usually occurs when the user tries to open a company file that is not on the computer. This Quickbooks error is part of a number of errors including the H101, H202, H303, and 6000 related to the configuration of the chassis.
Quickbooks error H505 causes
Possible causes for users receiving Quickbooks error H505:
- The hosting configuration is incorrect.
- When a system’s firewall is preventing access to corporate files or when communication is blocked.
- Corrupt or incorrect.ND file configuration that allows QB to access company files in a farm.
- The QuickBooks database server administrator could not find the IP address of the host computer.
- If the DNS settings are incorrect.
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX / QBCF have yet to be published.
Quickbooks Error H505 Symptoms
Different symptoms how to identify your Quickbooks error H505:
- QuickBooks error H505 blocks the active program window
- If the laptop crashes while using the same program
- An error message says Quickbooks error H505
- Windows behaves slowly and reacts slowly to mouse inputs.
- The system freezes regularly.
Quickbooks Error H505 Solutions:
Find these methods to fix Quickbooks Error H505:
Download and Install the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be used to fix several errors that are occur in a company file.
First, you need to verify that QuickBooks is installed on your server computer.
Install and use QuickBooks File Doctor on the server. Fix hseries and multi-user bugs, also fix QuickBooks bugs that no longer worked.
Integrating the server into the Windows server file.
With this method, you must integrate the server into the Windows server file. Editing the Windows hosts file can solve the problem to some extent.
Access your company file by creating a new folder and discuss it by enabling access.
The steps involved in this process are described below:
Create a new folder on the host computer.
Share your new folder and set windows to have in-depth permissions to share company files.
Copy the .qbw file into the new folder.
Finally, open your company files in multi-user mode.
You’ll Like This, too | HOW TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS 6000 ERROR CODE 77
Edit Your Host File
Open the Run dialog box by holding down Windows + R keys at the same time.
Open the command prompt by typing “cmd” and pressing Enter.
Then type “ipconfig / all” and press Enter to run the following command.
Make a note of the hostname and IP address somewhere. You will need to repeat the process on all computers with a multi-user configuration.
Hosts File Go to the Start menu and close QuickBooks.
Now look for the following address on this PC:
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ Etc or C: \ Windows \ Syswow64 \ Drivers \ Etc.
If you cannot find the Windows folder on this PC, follow the steps to find hidden files and folders on your PC.
To show hidden files, click the View tab, then click Hidden Items.
Right-click the host’s file and choose Open with Notepad.
Enter the IP address and computer name in the appropriate fields. Do not use the space bar to separate the IP address from the computer name.
After these changes are saved, open QuickBooks again in multi-user mode.
Use the following methods to resolve Quickbooks error H505. If your problem persists, contact the Quickbooks problem support team.