To clean large exhaust air volume flows comprising low levels of solvents (VOCs), the Sorpt.X CD/CC Air Pollution Control System is utilized. It is a tried-and-tested solution that uses adsorptive concentration with a downstream purification phase.
The Sorpt.X CD/CC works similarly to the sorptive process.
Sorpt.X CD/CC benefits
- Due to a high concentration ratio of up to 40:1, minimal CO2 emissions happen, and operating expenditures are incurred.
- Without pressure fluctuations, Sorpt.X CD/CC provides consistent desorption and treatment of pollutants.
- A high desorption temperature of up to 220°C (in continuous operation) leads to a long life span.
- Using intermittent or, in particular cases, continuous hot gas desorption (up to a maximum of 300°C), Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that boil at high temperatures can be eradicated.
- Slight maintenance is needed by the system with no moving parts except for the rotor. And it is highly reliable.
- X CD/CC can be merged with several kinds of oxidation technologies.
- Without additional fuel, application-specific oxidation processes can be applied.
- Heat recovery is an essential part of the process.
Operating principle Sorpt.X CD/CC
The exhaust air volume flow is controlled by Sorpt.X CD/CC and lessens the volume of exhaust air to be refined in the downstream unit and escalate its pollutant concentration.
The systems include an adsorption rotor, which is disseminated into an adsorption zone and a much petite desorption and cooling zone. The solvents are extracted from the exhaust air in the adsorption zone, and the solvents removed from the exhaust air are transmitted into the adsorbents. This usually occurs due to the pollutants being more soluble in the adsorbents. The adsorbents are chosen in advance to ensure that the pollutant dissolves more accurately than it does in the air.
Using a hot desorption flow (smaller in volume) in the desorption zone, the adsorbed pollutants are desorbed (removed) with the unceasing turning motion of the rotor. The rotor produces a correspondingly high solvent burdened airflow, which is then carried on to the next stage of the procedure, where it can be cleansed more aptly.
With an innovative approach, the exhaust air volume flow to a ratio of a maximum of 40:1 of its original pollutant content is concentrated by using the Dürr Sorpt.X CD/CC. As a result, the operating expenditure of the Sorpt.X CD/CC system is lower
when using a thermal process.
Application areas Sorpt.X CD/CC
Usually, in the coating, printing, and semiconductor industries, surface treatment plants, and paint shops, the Sorpt.X CD/CC is used. In the plastic, composites, and the chemical industry, this Dürr product range is found. What’s more, it is also employed for purifying exhaust air from foundries.
- Printing & Coating Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Semiconductor Industry
- Plastic & Composites Industry
- Paint Shops
Technical specifications Sorpt.X CD/CC
Treated by each absorber unit and depending on the application, the exhaust air volume flows from 20,000 to 230,000 Nm³/h. Thus, an infinite exhaust air volume flow can be treated when the individual modules are connected. Currently, throughout the globe, Dürr Sorpt.X CD/CC systems concentrate more than 50 billion m³ of air.
Organic solvents comprising VOCs (volatile organic compounds) can be taken out from exhaust air volume flows by utilizing a Sorpt.X CD/CC system. The typical substances of this kind are mentioned below:
Aromatic and Aliphatic hydrocarbons
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
Construction Sorpt.X CD/CC
In India, Dürr manufactures the VOC oxidation and concentration systems which consist of the following main units:
- Central exhaust air extraction fan
- Modular Sorpt.X CD/CC adsorption rotor/turntable with an integrated filter compartment
- Control, monitoring, and electrical switching system
- To recover heat from the air, clean the concentrated airflow and heat the desorption air, the Downstream Oxi.X RTO, Cat.X PLAir, and Oxi.X TR Pollution Control System are used.
- Essential flaps, shaped parts, thermal insulation, and compensators are included in the internal connecting pipes.
Dürr has proven its worth by supplying products and services that help in minimizing air pollution and turning the exhaust air into clean air.